Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Holga and Infrared Film

A couple of weeks ago, I loaded my first roll of infrared film into my Holga. I grabbed my tripod and headed out to the "country" to shoot. I wasn't expecting much for my first try - I've heard infrared can be tricky and takes some practice. And it's true. I over exposed most of my shots because I didn't take the time to remember the "rules" for certain light conditions...my own fault. That's ok though - I learn best by doing!

I did get one shot that actually turned out though! A diamond in the rough, or whatever you want to call it:

Strange Woods

Strange Woods
Southwest Ontario, August 2009


A contact of mine on Flickr commented that this photo could use something - he suggested a unicorn. I think he's right... the more I look at this photo, the more I want to shoot more here and tell a story. Stay tuned for a potential series developing out of this one!

And the perfect quote:
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best - that is inspiration.
~Robert Bresson

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful shot - love the extra-dreamy effect with a plastic lens and IR film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be pretty proud of that 'mistake'. Lookig forward to seeing the next generation IR.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the results you get with infra red, and your image is just perfect! Oh, and that quote is so on spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are taking us through the process! Can't wait for the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shot as is. I think my camera is a good one for IR. I'll look into it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quote :)

    And congrats on your first roll of infrared! I still have yet to figure that out. This shot is beautiful! I absolutley love the light, and can't wait for a series!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep up the great work Jen..hope you do the postcard exchange over at FW..love to add your work to my growning collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of the forest scene from the Close Encounters movie! Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the comments!! I can't wait to shoot some more in this place.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Updates

Followers