Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Holga and Infrared Film

A couple of weeks ago, I loaded my first roll of infrared film into my Holga. I grabbed my tripod and headed out to the "country" to shoot. I wasn't expecting much for my first try - I've heard infrared can be tricky and takes some practice. And it's true. I over exposed most of my shots because I didn't take the time to remember the "rules" for certain light conditions...my own fault. That's ok though - I learn best by doing!

I did get one shot that actually turned out though! A diamond in the rough, or whatever you want to call it:

Strange Woods

Strange Woods
Southwest Ontario, August 2009


A contact of mine on Flickr commented that this photo could use something - he suggested a unicorn. I think he's right... the more I look at this photo, the more I want to shoot more here and tell a story. Stay tuned for a potential series developing out of this one!

And the perfect quote:
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best - that is inspiration.
~Robert Bresson

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Updates

Followers