Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Holga at the Zoo

A few weeks ago we went on a trip to the Toronto Zoo. It's a big place, with lots of walking and fresh air! I, of course, brought my Holga along for the trip! I felt a little out of place, with everyone else walking around with their digital point and shoots, and the other remainder had big SLR's with huge telephoto lenses. I was crouching down, balancing my holga on random things, and changing film in strange places. It was a lot of fun!

It was a cool day, rain was looming and a lot of the animals were either not out, or sleeping - but here are a few photos from that day, and there are more to come! I will try and post the rest of the set tomorrow.

Wonder

Looking into the baboon habitat - a glass covered viewing area with a small ledge - bird silhouettes painted on the glass, and a child stepping up on the ledge to get a better view. I knew I'd get the silhouette effect when I took this, but it turned out very mysterious looking! I've entitled it "Wonder".



Along another side of the baboon area, this guy/gal came right up to the glass, where I did the crouching and balancing mentioned earlier and shot in bulb mode because I knew with the low light and cloud cover, I'd need it. I think I'm getting good at holding a steady hand! Who needs a tripod?



Snapped this shot quickly, before the parents could come break it up! They all wanted a look. I don't know any of them, I just thought it was cute.

That's all for today! Come back tomorrow for the rest.

And don't forget this Saturday is World Toy Camera Day!!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely. I especially like that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these, and I agree with the comment above- the first photo is my favorite. it looks so innocent and you can't see their faces but you can still see their curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stuff jen! Good for you for not worrying about being the odd person in the zoo with your Holga at hand. I'm sure you got better images than all the rest of them anyways ;)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Updates

Followers