Monday, February 15, 2010

Holga Happenings - Macro, 35mm, and a hike!

Many of you have heard by now about the new Holga Macro and Close up lenses.  They were among the new products released by Holga Ltd. last year.  I have both in my possession - there are two macro lens attachments, and three close up ones.  When I first got the macro lenses, I did a few test shots but I have been procrastinating (one of my biggest strengths!) in testing out the rest.  I hope to get this done today!  Maybe by posting that here I will feel more accountable to you all :)

My first macro test, I inadvertently left my focus on the wrong setting - I believe you are supposed to set it to the 'infinity' setting (the mountains icon).  So because of that the photo is probably a little bit more blurry than it would normally be.  I still think it turned out pretty cool though.  This is a long exposure on some expired Ilford HP5.




35mm in a Holga

I get asked this question quite frequently - "how do you adapt your Holga to use 35mm?"  A fellow blogger and perhaps a new Holga addict himself, Dave Wolanski did a post recently on his experience using 35mm film in his Holga.  He has a great step by step post as well as photos to go along with it.

Check out Dave's post here.


Holga Hike

Randy from HolgaMods sent out an email notice yesterday about this new event.  It is scheduled for March 20 and you can read more about it here on the Holga Hike website.  You can register to find a 'buddy' in your area, and there are prizes to be won!


(From a "hike" I took back in December)

That's all I've got for today! Hope you all have a great Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps nothing, I'm a full on Holga nut now!
    Thanks for the link and the nod Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that WPC and how you took it out on a cold day and the shutter got stuck. That happened to me too, but I'm hoping to get out there again with it. Have you come up with any tricks to stop it from happening?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Dave :)

    Lee ~ I've taken it out three times on cold days, some colder than others, and its always stuck. I get one or two shots in and then I have to take it back to the car to warm up. But if it sticks open, then shot is usually already ruined. So I'm not sure what to do about it!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Updates

Followers