Monday, March 1, 2010

Winter Holga Shooting is not Glamorous



Port Stanley, Ontario
Lake Erie, February 2010
Film: Fuji Neopan 400

My mom (who is a great assistant by the way!) can attest to the fact that I was balancing precariously on some rocks attempting to get this shot... often the best shots are the ones you have to work for to get!  At least in my experience, to capture them the way I envision them in my head.  This was after I endured frozen/numb toes to get some other shots on the beach.  My toes and fingers do not react well to cold sometimes - I lose almost all circulation.  I made a goal to shoot more this winter though, which is a challenge for me.

Thanks to everyone who has voted in my poll so far - it will be up until Friday.  So far I can see that you want more featured photographers (I have a few lined up for this month already) and more about me and my shooting processes (I am flattered, thanks!). Keep the votes coming!

3 comments:

  1. I am not a Holga user but I enjoy the shots and the write-ups; so take that as a vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes wish I had something to stand on when I'm downtown. Perhaps I should learn to shoot while on stilts :-)

    I leave my mittens on when winter shooting, they're thin enough for me to operate the camera.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Updates

Followers