Friday, December 30, 2011

The Holga 2011 Recap

Re-cap tr.v. re·capped, re·cap·ping, re·capsverb - To recapitulate, summarize briefly; "Let's recapitulate the main ideas"
noun - A recapitulation - a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion

Re-cap (Photography) - something most toy camera photographers never do to their lenses.

Ok so maybe I made up that last definition… but it's true! The first rule of using your new Holga is to throw away the lens cap. If you don't, you will inevitably forget, leave it on, and shoot a whole roll of blank film. It's happened to us all.


Here is my summary of some notable Holga happenings from the past year.  Please feel free to share your own in the comments section.

Special thanks to Holga Inspire for all they do to keep our favorite camera alive!

Also, check out my Resources page (which I've recently updated) for links to Stores, Websites, Blogs and more!

Cameras

Holga 120 PAN



This camera features the signature Holga qualities along with the ability to capture great panoramas. It is a lightweight camera that allows you to explore the world easily and capture expansiveness, greater detail and the authenticity that you wish to express through panoramic photography. There is no need to stitch multiple images, just click the shutter and you can catch your world in one shot!

(There is also a 135 PAN that you should see popping up in stores soon!)

Accessories

Holga Lenses for Various Branded Cameras


Lenses are available for the following:
Canon
Nikon
Olympus
Olympus Pen
Panasonic Lumix G
Pentax
Samsung NX
Sony
Sony Nex

Phones



Special Lens & Filter Turret for iPhone 4
Special Lens & Filter Turret for Samsung Galaxy S II


Books

Play! Toy Camera Photographers for Tots



In 2011, there were 552 tornado-related deaths in the United States—tied with 1936 for second as the most deadly in US history (the highest being 794 in 1925). 100% of the proceeds from sales of Play! will be donated to the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation to benefit children in areas ravaged by those tornadoes.

Get your copy here!

Exhibitions


Some of the big shows this year:
2011 Krappy Kamera XIII INTERnational Juried Competition - Soho Photo Gallery
Check out the Winners Gallery here
Click here for information about this year's show (Deadline is December 31 at midnight!)


4th Annual International Juried Plastic Camera Show - Rayko Photo Center
(This year's show is coming up quickly!  It opens January 18, 2012. Click here for a sneak peak.)


Toyed With - Open Shutter Gallery
Plastic Fantastic Show II - Lightbox Photographic Gallery
3rd Annual Curious Camera - Photographic Works/ArtsEye

Click here for the winner's gallery.
Personal

My favorite photo of the year... I did not shoot as much as I would have liked to in 2011.  However, one of the reasons for that is also the subject of my favorite photo - so, it all worked out :)

Riley

What was your favorite shot of the year?  Post a link to your photo in the comments section!  And also feel free to share any other Holga happenings that I missed!

Once again, thank you so much for reading and I will see you next year!


3 comments:

  1. I have admired your work this year and this particular blog entry touches close to home. And thank you for including the info about Holga lenses for my Nikon. I am now a happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a weakness for novelty, which is probably why I always find my newest pictures the most exciting and would have an impossible time picking a favorite of the year. With that said, I'm pretty sure I'll love this kelp knot forever and ever.

    http://www.starkandevocative.blogspot.com/2012/01/beautiful-tangle.html

    (loving your dog portrait)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I've been following your blog for ages but now I'm even more excited - I just bought my first toy camera from MJ at Forest City Image Centre. I'll be heading out with my shiny new Diana F+ this weekend for a test run before Havana. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Updates

Followers