Friday, July 10, 2009

TGIF!!

Happy Friday to everyone out there!

Another colourful summery image to brighten your day:



Abandoned
Transcanda Highway, Northern Ontario, 2009


I shot this with a Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim toy camera on Fuji Velvia film. I just love the colour saturation of that film - I did not edit this photo at all this is how it developed!!

I have a lot more photos in my backlog to get up. Will hopefully be posting some this weekend.

If you're a toy camera junkie like me you've probably already heard about Holgapalooza! But if not, here is the link again: Holgapalooza

I've also been putting up some 5x5 prints for sale on my Etsy shop for $5 each! I am selling some in pairs because they go so well together. I will be putting up more tonight so check it out later if you're interested! Click on the SALE section on the right of my shop.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

~Jen

8 comments:

  1. This is a really gorgeous image! Somehow it's both summery and haunting at the same time. Love the juxtaposition of those two feels together! I love photography, it's just so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo, Jen! This must have looked great in its day ... so sad that it's abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great place. Gloriuos color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree its kind of creepy! I didn't get a shot closer but it actually had red decorations hanging all over it - looks like someone had a birthday party there or something. Very odd.

    Thanks all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge fan of Velvia. I have several filters that mimic it in Lightroom but...it isn't the same. It worked well on this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love these abandoned works of art... they are getting more difficult to find every day (at least in the US). this is a beautiful photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burst~ I love Velvia too - Its usually the only colour film I use.

    kcjewel~ Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... haunting.
    Gotta love the north.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Updates

Followers