Monday, September 28, 2009

The Grace

The Grace

The Grace
Holga, Ilford HP5 film
Self Portrait


I intended to shoot this photo with my new Holga cable release, having FINALLY gotten around to getting one! I hadn't ever used one before and I was hoping it might make my self portrait work a bit easier, and I might be able to do a few things I wasn't able to before. Well as soon as I took it out of the box and to it's intended location for shooting, the top of the part that you push down, had fallen off and I couldn't find it. I decided to just go back to my old way of doing things for this shoot - this was one of the photos I was planning on taking with the cable release (I thought it would be easier than trying to reach over to the camera and hold everything still at the same time). Well, I managed to get it done anyways! Some weird positioning and careful arm bending and a steady hand was definitely needed!

I did end up finding the missing piece, so will make another attempt at using the cable release sometime soon!

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps that means that sticking to old ways is not always wrong, or archaic... If something works, why change it?
    Cool shot Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how in gods name did you manage that without a cable release? you must be some kind of super stretchy eastic woman ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tali! :)

    What you mean you don't have a go go gadget arm too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nope, all i got was the good ol' american planned obsolescence

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Updates

Followers