Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Holga World Toy Camera Day Self Portrait

The Ending of a Story

The Ending of a Story
Holga, Ilford HP5 film
Self Portrait, October 2009


Continuing to work through the masses of images trapped in my head, and based on lyrics/song titles from one of my favourite albums.  This photo was taken with a single tea light candle in a dark room which accounts for the dark and grainy atmosphere.  I have more work to do with this song and this idea, but this is the first image that I've done for it and it turned out almost like I had pictured in my head.  That's always a good feeling!

I also took this on World Toy Camera Day (around midnight!) and used my new limited edition Holga from Four Corners Dark.  It's going to take me a little while to get used to this new camera, even though it is a Holga, they all have their own unique characteristics, and this one has a few special tweaks which I need to experiment with.

Also as a side note, this is a long exposure but I did not use my "new" holga cable release... I tried it a few times and I'm not so sure I like it, its very sticky and I cant release it as fast as I want while trying to pose at the same time... so back to hand holding down the shutter it is!  I think in the future I might purchase a Holga Pinhole or wide pinhole to do some of the other shots I want/need so I can get around the arm's length thing.

1 comment:

  1. A Great shot!Very unusual!You always know how to enhance the mood of a self-portrait!!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Updates

Followers