I'd like to introduce you all to John Bridges. John is a fine art photographer who creates beautiful dream like photos using his beloved Holga. I'm sure you will agree that his work is beautiful. Read on to find out a bit more about John and his work.
For both of my recent projects, "Shadows on the Road" and "Reverie", I wanted to strip my work down to the essentials. Light, shadows, and subject matter. My life and the world around me seemed so cluttered and breakneck that I wanted to create a world that I was willing to step into. The Holga with its vignetting, selective focus, and manual advance seemed to be the perfect tool to help create the images. It also helped me slow down and really think about what I wanted to create.
- Is it on bulb or normal?
- I will not remember what speed of film I loaded a week ago, write it on the back.
- If the cable release does not make a hard click, you did not make an exposure.
- Carry ND filters and sky enhancing filters at all times.
- A handheld meter is your best friend.
- But be as light as possible.
What other cameras do you have in your arsenal?
What inspires you?