Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mobile Magic Call For Entry

I am honored to be chosen as the juror for this months Mobile Magic exhibit at Lightbox Photographic Gallery! I hope all of my mobile photographer friends will consider submitting. 

Over the past couple of years I have developed a love for mobile photography and all of the amazing apps available that allow the photographer to craft their own unique view of the world. Although I am known for my love and use of the Holga camera, I have always believed that it is not the camera that matters, it’s the end result. In mobile photography I find a lot of the same things that I love about toy camera photography – a free, lighthearted way to capture life and to create art in a more playful atmosphere with less pressure to think about technique and perfection. It’s all about experimenting and breaking the rules! So show me your best, your weirdest, your most thought provoking photos that make me wonder – “How did they DO that?”. I look forward to seeing all of your work!  



This is also a great way to get a beautiful print of your photo.  All of the submissions are printed as archival prints on 100% rag paper and mailed to you. 
A cash award of $50 will be given to the photographers recieving the Juror’s and the Director’s picks!  Your submission fee is also of great help in supporting the gallery and their mission.

Here is the link to the call for entry page

Over the past few years I have been experimenting with a new series of self portraits using my iPhone.  I also occasionally share other mobile photos as well that I shoot and edit on the iPhone - all of which can be found on my Instagram page.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Updates

Followers